Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Green Eggs and Ham?


So this isn’t actually about eggs. Or ham. Or Dr. Seuss for that matter. But it is about (slightly) green food!

At a farmer’s market here in Phoenix, I stumbled across a vendor who adds matcha to oatmeal. Matcha is powdered green tea leaves and super good for you even more than just green tea.

If you’re not into foods being weird colors, then you may not want to give this a try, but I thought it was a great idea! It's a convenient way to get in your dose of matcha apart from teas or smoothies.

I bought her 6-pack of the blueberry variation out of attraction for the pretty packaging, and I also liked that her oatmeal was labeled as gluten-free (not all oatmeal is gluten-free due to contamination), but in the future I will re-create this on my own and not be so lazy. I also wished she had opted for organic blueberries since they are one of the Dirty Dozen.

This is the matcha that I have.

Some time ago I researched on taste and quality of 2nd harvest versus 1st harvest which I won’t go into, but you can trust my research abilities, or whatever venture out and find your own brand (but don’t tell me because I’ll feel slighted :p).

Overall, the oatmeal only becomes slightly green and you can hardly notice a difference in taste. Meanwhile, you are having a nutritious breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment