Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Everybody is a Michelangelo

Michelangelo is considered one of the greatest artists. He painted the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel, apparentlynot on his back, but still his works are awe-inspiring. 

He also once said, “Wise man say: " Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."



But what I’m trying to say here is that a great stress reliever and time occupier is to do paint by numbers (this is a segue).

Paint bynumbers was invented in 1951 and marketed as "A Beautiful Oil Painting the First Time You Try." I think that is an apt description.


I don’t use oil paint - water colors work fine for me. You can also opt for coloring with pencils or markers, but then that means you’d be doing color by numbers - hah!

But here is my latest work of art - in progress. 

I started this blog so it will take some time to complete, but I will definitely feel proud. It doesn’t take much skill, but it does take patience. Also, you should be able to follow detailed directions so that you don’t paint the Orange 3’s Blue and the Blue 7’s Orange.

I bought mine at the craft store Michael’s, but you can also try buying them online, such as from here.  
 
It’s a great hobby overall, but it especially works for me to calm me if I’m having anxiety, because I’m lazy, it doesn’t require a lot of materials, and is relatively inexpensive. Give it a go!

P.S. Here is some further Michelangelo (the turtle) humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment