Thursday, December 17, 2015

People Aren't Snowflakes

Impossible to truly measure, but they say that no two snowflakes are alike. I’m sure we’d all like to think that humans are just as unique. However, there are many different ways in which human personalities are classified into categories. Surprisingly it has taken me some time to post on one such a categorization with which I am obsessed – that is, the Myers-Briggs Personality Test (that leads to a description, you can take the test for free here, here, or here, or wherever else you find it).

According this test, people fit into either of 16 different personality types, which is determined by 4 ways in which we interact and observe the world and other humans. I have taken this test countless times, adjusting my answers and in different moods and it always comes back with the same result.  

Not only do I find the results accurate according to my actions and innermost thoughts, but also a good fit for the family and friends upon whom I have subjected my obsession and requested them to take the test as well.

The test is used in counseling, advising people on career paths, and even by certain companies for hiring purposes. Of course there are those who feel the test is not an accurate depiction of the human population. Others argue that while it has some merit we should not use the test to determine whether or not we can pursue a relationship with someone.

Personally, unless more detailed facts are provided proving otherwise - I will stand a firm proponent of the test. I do not plan on using it as a guide for whether or not I let someone into my life, but that seems to be occurring organically anyway. I have changed all the names for their privacy, but check out what I discovered about how all my friendships are distributed:

Beth – INFP (Gemini)
Deena – INFP (Gemini)
Ken – INFP (Taurus)
Ben – INFP (Capricorn)
Adam – ENFP (Cancer)
Will- ENFP (Aries)

Chris – INTP (Aries)
Beatrice – ENTP (Aquarius)

There are some other clusters with people whom I do consider friends, but we often clash:

Sally – ENFJ (Pisces)
Krishna – ESFJ (Aries)
Lilah – ISFJ (Gemini)

Notice I have also cross compared these with the zodiac, another popular, albeit less scientific way of viewing people. I haven’t noticed much of a pattern there with the exception that I seem to have no interaction with certain signs. 

With a few anomalies, I seem to gravitate towards who are “NFP.” Coincidence? I think not.

For anyone who is curious, I usually test as INTJ, with the few times I tested as INTP. According to my recent readings, the ideal combination for INTJs are ENFPs and ENTPs, for any type of relationship (Also, female INTJs only make up 2% of the population, so if you have thought I’m a bit weird - you’re right).

Whatever you feel about this, the test is fun and gets you thinking about how you see the world and interact with others in ways you may not have before, and helps you to realize that a person isn’t “wrong” about how they’re viewing things, just different - so go ahead and give it a whirl.

6 comments:

  1. Diwali 2020 begins with Dwadashi on November 12, 2020, Thursday and ends on Bhai Beej on November 16 2020, Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing with us!
    HinduTempleStores sells Puja Thaali, yantra, Rudraksha, brass statues of Hindu Gods and goddesses including Nataraja, Ganesha , Krishna, Vishnu, Saraswati.

    For more information, please visit our site:
    Hindu Temple Stores

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing all information, its really helpful for me. I found some information about color personality test so visit here and test your personality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ake SSN 番号: 社会保障番号 SSN は、医療や税金の優遇を含むさまざまな給付のために米国政府によって提供されます。一定の税金を支払った人は、メディケアとメディケイドの医療給付を同様に受け取ることができ、SSN は追加情報を提供します。 。 SSN 番号を持っている人は、米国政府から簡単に重要な恩恵を受けることができます。

    https://plaza.rakuten.co.jp/ssngenerator/diary/202401030000/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The 4-colour test (The Bridge Personality) provides insights into behavioral preferences using the easy and accessible 4-colour model (blue, red, yellow, and green).

    ReplyDelete